Premiere Pro: Doodle Effect




When researching how to recreate this effect, many tutorials used Adobe After Effects - however, as I am most familiar with Premiere Pro, I wanted to attempt it first on this software. The tutorial below taught me how to do this. I found it relatively simple to follow, though it took some time to get used to to tracking the radius of the circle for the lines animation (seen right).
Though the tutorial was useful, it showed a limited number of exemplar shapes, and as I'm not very confident with this technique, I'd have liked some more examples and animation options, so I can practise and have a larger range of doodles for our music video.

Though the final clip is only a few minutes long, it probably took around two hours to edit, which is too inefficient time-wise for me to consider editing our whole video in this style. Should I use this style, I would only use it in the clips of the children, as this emphasises their imagination and limits the amount I have to edit.

Overall, I really like the style of the effect and although I would love to incorporate it into Yoli and I's final music video, I'm just not sure we have the time. 


The tutorial I followed is featured below:

Comments