Music Video - Draft 3




For our third draft, Yoli and I filmed and edited in our stop motion title sequence. Through practice, we realised we could create a cleaner finish if we used an app on my iPhone, called 'Stop Motion', as it would lightly show the last shot with faded opacity so you could line up your next image. The app put the collection of images together and created a moving image file for me, so I could airdrop it straight onto the Mac. Once in Premiere Pro, I split the clip so that a couple of the images could be on screen for a longer time, as initially the title sequence played too quickly to be read.



In order to further develop the 'vintage' style for the clips representing flashbacks, I manipulated the dimensions so they more closely resembled old moving images. In order to do this, I had to also manipulate the layers of effects I had over the top of these clips (as these were .mp4 files overlaid using screen), and it was quite painstaking as the crop couldn't be pasted and had to be added to each clip individually. However, it was worth the effort as I'm really happy with the final outcome.

I colour corrected the scenes within school to create a more romantic atmosphere. I emphasised pink and blue hues to both balance out the overwhelming yellow and represent delicacy, tenderness and 'universal love'.

Before Colour Correction

After Colour Correction

To finalise this draft, I also made a start on altering some of the colours for the London scenes. I added saturation and green tones (if the scene had a lot of grass/leaves/nature), in order to show how the world seems brighter when the pair are together.

Comments