Lip Sync Practise


 To create this lip sync, I used Premiere Pro. We played the original song in the background for Robyn to sing along to and used footage of this to practise with. It took a few takes before we were happy with Robyn's lip syncing - we realised it looked more realistic if she actually sang, rather than mimed the lyrics. When it came to editing the piece, I kept the footage's original audio initially so I could match up Maisie's voice from the song's .MP3 and the background noise in the footage. I lowered the footage's volume so I could hear the .MP3 however, and once I had correctly matched it, I deleted the footage's audio altogether. 

When moving the song's audio, I found I had to zoom in on the timeline, as otherwise it wasn't accurate enough to place and would be out of time. 

Overall, I found this process fairly easy, perhaps as it incorporates skills I used last year from editing our short film opening. 

Comments