Target Audience's Favourite Videos - Moodboard




I created this moodboard to summarise the videos mentioned by Yoli and I's target audience, as being their favourites. I wanted to get a feel for what was visually pleasing, and understand what made these videos engaging.
 From viewing these videos, I have developed an understanding of style and preferred narrative - the more relatable the characters or storyline, the more popular it is. That being said, the more abstract or outrageous, such as Mac Demarco's 'My Kind of Woman', or The 1975's 'Girls', also makes videos popular, depending on the artist and song. 
I liked the editing style of Artic Monkeys' 'Hellcat Spangled Shalalala', the vintage style suiting the band and their soft rock sound. In a more contemporary style, the colours of Eden's 'Drugs' made flashbacks and the present definitive and the narrative easy to follow, which I thought was very effective (the colours representing the moods too). 
 Since watching these videos, I've realised I prefer the brighter style, with colours such as blues, pinks and greens, especially with the music Yoli and I have in mind, as it fits atmospherically and suits our theme (and target audience) of youth. When considering intertextuality ideas, I particularly liked the "Owl and the Pussycat", but the poem references to the night time and I planned basic shots regarding this. However, due to watching these videos and realising my preference of exposure and colour, I don't think this would be an effective idea to follow through. 
Overall, I found this activity a learning curve and interesting to hear so many different perspectives and preferred flavours of art. Our audience are definitely an imaginative bunch.

Included videos:
The 1975 - Robbers
Jet - Are You Gonna Be My Girl
The 1975 - Girls
Snow Patrol - Called Out in the Dark
Kodaline - Brother
Nico & Vinz - Am I Wrong
Mumford and Sons - Believe
Arctic Monkeys - Hellcat Spangled Shalalala
Coldplay - Paradise
Eden - Drugs
MacDemarco - My Kind of Woman

Comments