Experimenting With Green Screen



Above is the tutorial I used when learning how to manipulate green screen effects on Adobe Premier Pro. This was my first time properly using this software but after a couple of minutes having a click here and there, the general feel of Premier Pro wasn't too intimidating. As I was in class, I actually watched the tutorial without sound, but I still found it easy to follow. Initially I could't find the ultra key plugin, but once I had located it, I found it easy to follow the next steps and enjoyed experimenting on this software. I found that editing-wise, not only was it nicely organised and easy to use, but I felt as though I had more control over the effects. When I used Final Cut Pro last year for creating my two minute film opening, there were effects that didn't work and effects I couldn't manipulate as much as I wanted to. Comparing the two, I'm likely to go forward with Adobe Premier Pro in the future.

 As it was so smooth to use, I also experimented wth colour correction for this short clip. I changed the ratio of blue, green and red; alongside tinting the highlights and shadows so that the footage was colder but still as saturated and as bright. I wanted Robyn to look as though she was at the location of the background, and as the Starry Night scene is overwhelmed with cool tones (even the yellows are of a pastel, soft shade), I wanted to incorporate this into the initially bright, warm footage.




Comments